Obtaining your own visa is an excellent learning opportunity of understanding how the government works (or doesn't). Practice your English, ask for information, ask for advice, start the student visa application process correctly. Have confidence in your ability to obtain a Canadian student visa directly.
- You can apply online for:
- study permits or extensions
- work permits or extensions
- visitor visas or extensions
- skilled worker programs through Express Entry
- the Federal Skilled Worker Program
- the Canadian Experience Class, and
- the Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Main link to the Government of Canada Website
- Link page to the Canadian Government sitemap
- Link page to Canadian Embassies and Consulates
- Link page to Canada Citizenship and Immigration visitor services.
- List of countries which require visitor visas to enter or transit Canada
- Link to studying in Canada information overview.
- Link to Canada student visa information.
- Link to the free Canada student visa application form
- Link to the Temporary Foreign Worker Overview & Application.
- Link to Foreign Representatives in Canada
- Designated learning institutions list.
To apply for a study permit on or after June 1, 2014, you will need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution. You need to include the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #), which is the number that begins with the letter “O”, on your application form.
How to Shop for Immigration Services